Thursday, February 9, 2012

Post #7 - Fingers and fruit

Friends and family have asked how the fingers are doing, so here is an update:



I stuck my right finger onto a COT spine during my first encounter three weeks ago.  I've lost two layers of skin this past week around the healing wound, which is good.  There had been a large lump of what felt like scar tissue inside, so I'm glad it's gone.

The left finger was injured a week ago, and though it may look nasty, actually it is almost pain free.  I assume I'll be sloughing off skin from this finger soon too.


Super busy day in the lab trying to run some experiments, but I took time to take these pictures of the fruit tree outside our lab door.  Locally they call this "pamplemousse" which is the French word for grapefruit.  However, I've been told this is not a true grapefruit, but a relative in the pomelo family.





They are ripe when they easily twist off the tree, and delicious!  A bit sweeter and less tart than the grapefruit I get back home, and a bit more "connective tissue" around the flesh.  But they are fresh and available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment